Sequoia Senior Solutions recognizes the challenges and complexity of Parkinson’s disease. We have developed a training program, oversight, and specific procedures to help provide excellent care for seniors in our community who are suffering from this condition.
Home Inspection & Needs Assessment
Sequoia Senior Solutions performs a complimentary and personalized needs assessment and home inspection to ensure client safety. During the assessment process, special care is taken to assign a caregiver who has the experience to meet the needs of the client as well as interests and traits that will best match their personality. This allows for greater consistency for the client. During the home inspection, a care manager will identify any issues that could compromise client or caregiver safety as well as make home modification recommendations if appropriate.
Many Sequoia Senior Solutions caregivers are specifically trained and educated on Parkinson's disease and best practices for client care:
- The fundamentals of Parkinson’s, including how it affects the brain, the cardinal features and stages, risk factors, and the ten most common signs and symptoms
- Identifying cognitive dysfunction vs. dementia, and understanding the symptoms and behavioral and emotional changes at each stage of the disease
- Addressing common challenges associated with Parkinson’s disease, such as communication, personal care, and mobility
- How to assess client’s abilities and document changes for care plan adjustments
- Recommended diet and exercise guidelines and specific health challenges faced by Parkinson’s patients, such as bone thinning and dehydration