Sequoia Senior Solutions recognizes the immense value of hospice to both the patient and their families. We have developed a training program, oversight, and specific procedures to help provide excellent care for those who are nearing the end of life and their loved ones.
Hospice Coordination & Caregiver Matching
Sequoia Senior Solutions has relationships with several hospice organizations in the area, ensuring a coordinated effort and a smooth process for all involved. We perform a complimentary and personalized needs assessment, during which special care is taken to assign a caregiver who has the experience to meet the needs of the client. This allows for greater consistency for the client and their loved ones during this crucial period.
Many Sequoia Senior Solutions caregivers are specifically trained and educated on end-of-life care and best practices to assist with the hospice process:
- The relationship between hospice and palliative care, the signs of symptoms of end of life and clinical death, and how to care for the body postmortem
- Work as a team and communicate effectively with medical staff and family to meet the client’s physical, emotional, and spiritual needs
- How to address common challenges with end of life, such as preventing pressure ulcers and managing changes in eating, drinking, immobility, sleeping, breathing, and elimination
- The Kubler-Ross grief cycle and George Engel’s biophysical approach to help clients and their loved ones navigate the end of life stage
- How to talk with clients and their families about the dying process and final wishes, including the spiritual component and advance directives
Supervision & Monitoring of Progress
A Sequoia Senior Solutions care manager will perform periodic visits to ensure that all caregivers follow proper procedures and will monitor progress and update the care plan as the situation evolves.
Book a discovery call