Sequoia Senior Solutions recognizes the complexity and challenges of arthritis and the chronic pain commonly associated with it. We have developed a training program, oversight, and specific procedures to help provide excellent care for seniors in our community who are suffering from this condition.
Home Inspection & Needs Assessment
Sequoia Senior Solutions performs a complimentary and personalized needs assessment and home inspection to ensure client safety. During the assessment process, special care is taken to assign a caregiver who has the experience to meet the needs of the client as well as interests and traits that will best match their personality. This allows for greater consistency for the client. During the home inspection, a care manager will identify any issues that could compromise client or caregiver safety as well as make home modification recommendations if appropriate.
Many Sequoia Senior Solutions caregivers are specifically trained and educated on arthritis and best practices for client care:
- The fundamentals of arthritis, including the most common types, risk factors, causes, treatments, as well as the anatomy of a joint and the musculoskeletal system
- The effects and types of chronic pain and how to measure it, the consequences of untreated or undertreated chronic pain, and how to close the pain gate
- Benefits, guidelines, and technique for helping clients with rehabilitative and preventative range of motion exercise
- Addressing common challenges associated with arthritis through assistive devices, adapting personal care and ADL routines, and home modifications
- Recommended diet and exercise guidelines and common medications and supplements