Sequoia Senior Solutions recognizes the challenges involved in recovering from an orthopedic procedure and the risk of hospital readmission. We have developed a training program, oversight, and specific procedures to help provide excellent care for seniors in our community who need assistance with their recovery.
Home Inspection & Needs Assessment
Sequoia Senior Solutions performs a complimentary and personalized needs assessment and home inspection to ensure client safety. During the assessment process, special care is taken to assign a caregiver who has the experience to meet the needs of the client as well as interests and traits that will best match their personality. This allows for greater consistency for the client. During the home inspection, a care manager will identify any issues that could compromise client or caregiver safety as well as make home modification recommendations if appropriate.
Many Sequoia Senior Solutions caregivers are specifically trained and educated on orthopedic recovery and best practices for client care:
- The types of common orthopedic procedures such as hip and knee replacements, the body mechanics involved, and how to identify and avoid potential post-surgical complications
- Modifications to client ADLs to prevent post-surgical falls and hospital readmission
- The caregiver role in pain management, including how to observe and report signs, symptoms, and side effects, assist with non-drug treatments, and how to help clients prevent and manage pain
- Benefits, guidelines, and techniques for helping clients with rehabilitative and preventative range of motion exercise as prescribed by a physical therapist
- How to assist clients with physical therapist-prescribed post-procedure exercise programs to meet recovery goals and increase mobility and independence